Metaltown was absolutely lovely; blazing sunshine and a great atmosphere and I can't wait to go back. There really were people of all kinds there; everything from the stereotypical goth girls with their awkward body postures, pale skin, tulle skirts and slashed arms to the rockers with jeans and band tees. I saw so many amazing looking people that I wanted to photograph; complete works of art in themselves.
Seeing Manson was, of course, lovely as always although I can't help but feel that I do wish he'd perform sober -or at least a little less high -occasionally. Just for the hell of it, if nothing else. I realize, the more I think of it, that it was the rest of the band that carried him on Saturday; with Twiggy playing that guitar like his life depended on it. He's lucky to have such quality musicians backing him up like that, and if nothing else I suppose it's nice to see that he is still very much in contact with the audience; bending down, reaching out, and literally getting down on the floor -unlike Dir En Grey whose lead singer spent the entire hour screaming in his microphone with his hair covering his face; not even looking at the audience once. Mustach was fantastic in terms of connecting with the audience as well, Dir En Grey should learn from them.
All in all, it was a great day and seeing Manson on his knees, clinging to the sleeve of Twiggy's shirt so hard the knuckles on his gloved hands were whitening going "Let me show you where it hurts!!" during "Pretty As A Swastika" was orgasmic. I can't wait to go back next year.

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar
Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.