
I got the news at midnight last night, about an hour after it happened, and I'm still in shock. I just can't believe it and it is still so impossible to fathom. I had just fallen asleep when I was woken up by a text message on my phone. For a brief moment I contemplated ignoring it and reading it in the morning, but then my curiosity got the better of me, and so I read it. Two times, three times, four times. "Michael Jackson died from a heart attack today". No, this has got to be a mistake, there's no way. What do you mean dead, how can he be dead? it's Michael Jackson, he's supposed to be around forever. I got up and turned the TV on and there it was. I remember just staring at the words on the screen, it felt and still does feel so unreal. I catch myself waiting for someone to go "haha, it was just a joke". Because how can it be true? It's too unfair to be true. Music died last night and the world will never be the same. No matter what your opinions on his personality or his music, you'd have to be completely devoid of musicality to not see his greatness as a performer. Because as a performer...he was The One. Sharp, charismatic and energetic and so, so creative.
I realize that the past ten years were lacking in him producing anything worth mentioning and it makes my blood boil already to think about how the media that wanted nothing more than profit printing allt hese rediculous stories, are now saluting him as "the greatest". But I guess that's what happens if you're famous when you die. I wanted so much for Michael to have his pink, fluffy Hollywood ending. After a life like that...he deserved it. But life isn't fair and I think we're being very naive if we try to convince ourselves that it is. All I know is that the world lost one if its greatest sources of creativity last night, and the world of music is forever changed.

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar
Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.