torsdag 21 maj 2009

For the memories...

Exactly one year ago I was outside the luxurious Four Seasons George V hotel in Paris, waiting for...Céline. We had met up Fanny and Darryl a few minutes before as Fanny had said that Céline usually leaves around three in the afternoon on the day of a show. There were already loads of fans there (I'm guessing about a hundred people or so) and people were climbing the trees to get a better look. We were repeatedly told that there was to be no crying or screaming, or she would not come out. And about an hour and a half later...it was time. I saw the police gathering around the car she'd be leaving in and her body guard coming out - a clear sign that she was on the way. She stayed for about five minutes (which feels so long when you actually have her in front of you) and people keptcalling out to get her attention as she smiled and signed things. Unfortunately, someone fainted after she left but she was well looked after so I think she was fine in the end. There was a video on YouTube but I can't find it now...will have a look. I've been listening a lot to "Je Ne Vous Oublie Pas" tonight - "I Will Never Forget You". It was a song written for Céline that describes her love for her francophone fans; her very first ones who were there in the beginning of her career and the ones she has today. The lyrics are really beautiful and I'm really nostalgic right now. And yes...close to crying. I get emotional that way. I'm off for a stroll down Memory Lane. :)



"In my absences, maybe
I could have gone away
As if I had got lost on my road
As If I had changed

So I have some tender words
Just to tell you this:

I don't forget you...no, never
You are deep within me
In my life, in everything I do
My first love, my first dreams
came with you
It's our story of our own

I don't forget you...no, never
You know so much about me
Of my life, of what I do of it
So my happiness and my sorrows;
I share them with you
It's our story of our own
I don't forget you

Because time can encage
all our dreams and wills
I take my decisions and travel
And sometimes I pay the price for it
Life smiles at me or wounds me
But whatever my life is...

I don't forget you...no, never
You are deep within me
In my life, in everything I do
My first love, my first dreams
came with you
It's our love story

Even to the other side of the globe
My story continues with you...


I don't forget you
No, never
You know so much about me
Of my life and what I do about it

So my happiness and my sorrows I share them with you
It's our story of our own
I don't forget you
I don't forget...you

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.