tisdag 22 mars 2011

"I see you."

"Close your eyes so you don't feel them
They don't need to see you cry
I can't promise I will heal you
But if you want to I will try."


Relationships with other people is something that has always confused me greatly. Life taught me from an early age that other people will hurt you if they can, and I've had severe trust issues for as long as I can remember. Because of what life has been like for me, the way I see the world and the people in it has very much become jaded and cynical. At the same time, I have always been so very compassionate. Sometimes too much, according to some. Alternating between despising humanity, and experiencing compassion to the point of tears for the suffering of an individual, is a very ambiguous way of being, but it's who I am. Sometimes I hate the world, other times I want to help. And tonight, because of some beautiful music and some truly good writing...I want to help.

I wish people could understand that they are never alone in what they are feeling. Whatever you are feeling...I have felt too. People take the words "I understand" far too lightly, but I really do. Life will never be perfect, but life gets better. I promise. Whatever you are going through...this too, shall pass. It's a cliché, it's old...but it IS true. Lean on friends, lean on music, lean on art. Something will see you through...somehow. Promise.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.